John P. Madgett Station
The John P. Madgett Station (JPM) is south of the former Alma Station site, along the Mississippi River. JPM was built in the late 1970s at a cost of $179 million.
Named after the late John P. Madgett, general manager of Dairyland Power Cooperative from 1947 to 1978, JPM has been in commercial operation since November 1979. The single unit station has a generating capacity of 400 MW of electricity.